https://uk.3dsystems.com/learning-center/case-studies/3d-systems-projet-changes-face-stop- motion-animation While doing research for my essay, I came across this article, which details a 3D printer that LAIKA studios used for one of their projects. I think it will be very useful for the podcast as well.
I was still trying to work with Mary Blair’s style, though I feel my original sea palace came out a lot better as it’s more textured and raw, giving more mood and atmosphere than the sky palace. Also the styles are slightly different and I think the sky palace would look better with a bit more painterly texture, and perhaps with the clouds being more blocky and less translucent like Mary Blair’s clouds. That said, I think the Palace did come out well and I really like the moon shapes and definitely makes it looks more space like. I really like Mary Blair's style, but to imitate it was actually much harder than I thought as there is no out-line work, and everything is more focusing on block colours and shapes to produce details and form, so i took away all the out-line work. Concept art I feel my test shot could have been a lot stronger if I had given myself more time, as I did it in after effects I struggled to get th...
Comments
Post a Comment